Working with emerging technologies and software, you will be provided with a working environment that is stimulating, challenging and rewarding.
Client are looking for developers who are proud of their code and who are willing to stand behind it every time. People who want to make quality, elegant code, and superior standards part of their everyday practices. We want people who take an active interest in the technical community and who have a passion for what they do.
If you want to influence, have the talent and ability to innovate with the best, and the courage to stand up for quality, then we want to talk to you.
- Development of cutting-edge big data applications written in Java.
- Take active part in design and delivery, beginning from the conception stage
- Working in a cross-functional agile team you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack and responsible for all non-functional capabilities.
- You will be expected to write elegant, simple code that lends itself to low cost maintenance, extensibility, test-ability, and performance.
- You will validate proposed approaches and explore new concepts using proof-of-concepts, wire frames and early experience prototypes.
- Ensuring code quality and testing of the software after creation
- Prepare the estimates of the software development and execution as required
- Understand the domain and business and educate the team on those
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable superior Java coding standards and proven ability to produce high quality applications
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns
- Experience of applying unit testing techniques using frameworks,
- Experience of developing on Big Data platforms particularly Hadoop (preferred but not essential)
- Proven ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code.
- Experience of managing a continuous integration environment
- Experience of code quality reporting using tools
- Exposure to using various other development languages with expertise in some of benefit
- Exposure to Cloud based technologies (e.g. AWS a benefit)
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of web trends, best practices, and new technologies with the drive to stay informed on upcoming trends.
- Degree related to software engineering and computer science
Personal Attributes Required:
- Candidates must be able to act as a mentor to others.
- Self-management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Candidates must be prepared to take on delivery responsibilities outside of development as needed.
- Candidates must be able to work and provide leadership within a collaborative team environment
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
Client is global organisation with 5000+ employees in 6 continents. Team is expanding there Dublin operations and therefore several new and exciting roles are available