The position will support the Company’s internal and client Networks in addition to providing escalation support as and when required. This is a highly specialised technical role within the Service Department, and is responsible for providing networking design and support.
Fulfilling 2nd and 3rd line support related duties – the role holder will oversee their own duties and responsibilities and act as a mentor and oversee the work of two Graduate Network Engineers also.
Hours: Monday - Friday 37.5hrs (Rota basis 7am-3:30pm, 8am-4:30pm, 10:30am-7pm)
Salary: Competitive and Negotiable. Please call Nicola for more details - number below
As a Network Engineer, you will be responsible for;
- Support of multiple network environments both internal and for external clients
- Undertake 2nd and 3rd line network fault investigations including analysis, resolution and updating or producing documentation
- Support of VOIP infrastructure
- Review and complete moves, additions and changes to the network infrastructure in line with the customer’s requirements
- Establish and administrate network monitoring and alerting
- Provide consultancy to the business for network infrastructure changes or projects, including the design and implementation of new solutions
- Produce method statements in line with required change control procedures to support changes to the network infrastructure
- Support and administer the firewall environments in line with IT Security Policy including changes to rule sets, IPS administration and VPN configuration and troubleshooting
- Perform upgrades to the network infrastructure to latest stable firmware release
- Perform ad-hoc traffic analysis to help identify causes of IT system issues and produce reports that present and explain the information collected
- Produce and maintain design, support, commissioning and installation documentation
- Administration of all Network devices including but not limited to Netscalers etc.
- 3 to 5yrs experience within a technical delivery / support role
- Qualified to a CCNP level or equivalent experience with a demonstrable track record
- Comprehensive working knowledge of a range of networking vendor platforms, such as:
- Cisco LAN/WAN & Security Appliances & Software.
- Juniper LAN/WAN & Security Appliances & Software.
- Extreme Networks.
- CheckPoint Security Appliances & Software.
- Citrix NetScaler ADC.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of key networking concepts & technologies, including:
- IPv4 & IPv6.
- Layer 2: STP & MSTP.
- Layer 3: Routing protocols BGP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Overlay technologies: IP VPN & FlexVPN.
- Security solutions such as NGFW, IDS/IPS, IPSec VPN, and SSL
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Excellent network and security troubleshooting skills within large, complex networks
- Use of packet capturing technologies such as Wireshark / tcpdump.
- Use of LINUX distros & associated packages.
- Strong understanding of the ITIL framework
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and contribute to an energetic and motivated team environment
- Focus on the customer to ensure solutions adhere to design and meet delivery timescales within budget
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient in the production of technical & procedural documentation
- Demonstrate previous experience in mentoring / knowledge sharing with peers.
• May be required
To be considered, please submit your CV. Alternatively give us a call on 07826010507and we will answer any of your queries.
Cased Dimensions is an Equal Opportunities Employer