Would you like to move from a junior systems administrator position into a DevOps role?
If so, my client has an opportunity for a junior systems administrator (one to two years’ experience) to join their Dublin central office.
They are a global cloud software company. Due to an increase in demand for their cloud offering they have created this position.
You will be reporting directly to the cloud architect/DevOps engineer and will learn directly from him in both these areas.
The core of you role will be creating maintain and automating development and QA environments. This role will provide the opportunity to work with a wide range of tools and technologies and would be particularly suited to someone with an interest in technology who enjoys troubleshooting and researching solutions to technical problems.
In addition you will work on cloud architecting and implementation projects with your manager. This is an opportunity to bridge the gap between a systems admin/engineer role and a DevOps position.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Candidates may also have completed a primary degree in another discipline but with a conversion course in Computer Science / IT related subjects.
• Experience of Linux (Redhat) or Windows systems administration. (Ideally both).
• Familiarity with relational databases, such as (not limited to) Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server and the ability to run basic queries on said database.
• Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail required.
• Programming or Scripting experience e.g. Bash, Batch, Python, Ruby etc.
• Virtualisation knowledge would be an advantage e.g. Vmware, Hyper V etc.
• Exposure to a public or private cloud environment.(ideal but not essential)
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this Junior Systems Engineer/DevOps job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000 or click apply.