Our client is a global financial services firm with a significant presence in Dublin where they set up a global data innovation lab four years ago. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved with analytics projects of scale. The role comes with an excellent salary and serious benefits.
You’ll be joining the DataLab, with a primary focus on supporting their Surveillance Analytics discipline, which enables them to solve complex problems and drive insights through combining a number of Big Data technologies, an integrated set of best-of-breed data science tools and leveraging data and analytics techniques.
You will be responsible for driving and managing the Surveillance Analytics roadmap. You will be accountable for key programme management and governance across delivery teams, identifying opportunities for collaboration and ensuring room for organic service growth. You will assess risks, be able to challenge project timelines and the outputs of the technical team on a pragmatic level without being a technical Subject Matter Expert.
• Contributing to the definition of the Surveillance Analytics vision
• Defining the Surveillance Analytics strategy
• Working closely with business stakeholders to ensure their business requirements are understood and being met
• Validating the delivered capabilities address business requirements
• Defining scope and planning using an Agile/Iterative delivery approach and philosophy
• Carrying out resource and financial planning, tracking and reporting, monitoring and updating up to a service portfolio level
• Integrating with organisational governance, risk, vendor management and portfolio management functions
• Advocating the use of agile methodologies within Chief Data Office (CDO) and amongst business stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications:
• Extensive programme management experience
• Educated to degree level (or overseas equivalent / work experience) with qualifications for standard frameworks Project Management Professional (PMP), Prince, Scrum, Agile, Cross-industry standard process for data mining (CRISP-DM)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with goal-oriented thinking and effective organisational skills
• Proven Agile/Scrum development and management techniques
• Demonstrate an ability to govern analytics and data projects where software deliveries are a milestone for delivery of consultancy reporting and analytics rather than final deliverables themselves
• Previous experience managing budget, resources and the configuration of a functional service – shared resourcing/bench/flexibly scaling
• Proven ability to manage programme risks and issues
• Previous experience working within large and complex organisations with standardised governance frameworks
• Previous experience in any of the following functions preferred – Anti financial Crime, Compliance, eDiscovery, Audit, Control, InfoSec
• A technical background is (beneficial)
To apply for the Programme Manager- Analytics role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.