Our client are a global financial services organisation based in the city centre.
They have an immediate requirement for a Lead Data Analyst, for a contract role that could be extended.
This group drives innovation through the introduction of new technologies and innovative solutions to data focused problems. This role will focus on solving complex, usually confidential and sensitive, problems, and leveraging advanced data processing tools and analytics techniques.
The Lead Data Analyst will work as a senior member of the team, leading the development and application of data science tools and techniques to solve complex data problems. They will be comfortable working on sensitive and highly complex data sets. They will be responsible for ensuring solution and service completeness, coherence and quality. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of Big Data technologies and be comfortable directing and guiding other data professionals, and leading by example, to help to create a dynamic, modern and innovative data team.
• Thought leadership with demonstrable hands on approach to analytics, and the application of data science techniques, in a Big Data environment, providing transformative proposals for the resolution of business problems.
• Support and lead the creation of models, reports and visualisation solutions providing interpretation and insight into business data and processes.
• Architect and document innovative approaches to solving business problems with data.
• Lead the documentation, evangelisation, and implementation of best practice data analytics approaches.
• Issue identification and analysis techniques, such as pattern analysis and root cause analysis, to help identify why issues occur and propose solutions.
• Escalation management of key clients and stakeholders.
• Lead teams of analysts on analytic work streams.
• Mentor and coach junior team members to develop their analytic, technology and business skillsets.
• 6+ years’ experience of leading complex data analysis activities
• Experience working with senior stakeholders to understand business problem and develop solutions
• Expert SQL skills
• Experience with Big Data technologies (Hive, Impala, Spark)
• Experience of Data Science or Forensic Data Analysis
• Experience working in Global teams
• Experience with Agile principles and methodology
• The ability to identify issues and propose solutions
• The ability to prioritise and negotiate key deliverables.
• Experience with Python or R for data analytics
• Scala experience desirable but not essential.
For more information please contact Derek Smyth at 01 6621000 or simply submit your CV for immediate consideration.