Senior ICT Engineer
Irish Homecare has grown to become one of the dominant providers of Community Healthcare services in Ireland. Today, there are four operating companies in the Group, including CarePoint Northern Ireland, Health Care Training, and Caring Angels, with a combined management and workforce of 730 people, and growing. The business recognises the need to strengthen its ICT capability and wish to appoint the expertise and skills of an experienced Senior ICT engineer.
This new role requires a highly self-motivated, goal-oriented individual who has four plus years of experience in a systems role, with a good blend of technology skills. Proven ability to work on own initiative and within a team environment would be important. A degree in computer science would be desirable.
Strong communication & interpersonal skills would be important, an ability to multi-task and work on several high priority projects simultaneously.
Capable of producing & documenting requirements, developing designs, and preparing & executing implementation plans.
Flexibility to work outside normal office hours, if required.
The Role of Senior ICT Engineer:
Reporting to the IT Director for the Group, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the administration of the enterprise ICT infrastructures, with a focus on automation and self-service.
Other responsibilities would include Data Management in the Cloud (Public, Private, Hybrid), Application development for the business, Level 2 support, Troubleshooting, Monitoring & Alerting, Performance tuning & Reporting.
· Build, install, configure, upgrade & maintain our ICT infrastructure.
· Manage all issues arising, service & change tickets, and related processes. Ensure timely resolution and meet Service Level Agreements.
· Work with 3rd party vendors to enhance business applications.
· Proactively monitor and manage the health and configuration of the ICT network and take corrective actions based upon Standard Operating Procedures.
· Apply and update system upgrades, firmware and infrastructure changes.
· Research root cause of problems and update SOP’s as necessary.
· Coordinate, negotiate and implement systems availability and upgrade activities.
· Monitor and respond to ICT support calls.
· Maintain ISO 9001 folder and system structure.
Knowledge & Skills Requirement:
ü Ability to troubleshoot LAN and Wan, an understanding of LAN and WAN routing, and site to site VPN connectivity.
ü Thorough understanding of enterprise IT technologies including storage, networking, servers, email, exchange, office 365, and security/converged systems.
ü Knowledge of Windows Security (Active Directory / NTFS).
ü Strong understanding of line of business applications running SQL
Experience in the following would be desirable:
ü Produce technical documentation including user guides, and standard operating procedures for all ICT areas of the business.
ü Ability to identify recurring issues and plan mitigation measures to address same.
ü Microsoft Sharepoint
ü Knowledge of Web, Cloud technologies and Hosting.
Note: The role will be based in our Head Office in Castleblayney, County Monaghan, and will require some travel to our sub office network in Ireland & Northern Ireland.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: Nov 24th 2017