itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client, a global leader in the telecoms security sector, in the hiring of a Senior Software Developer to work on the development of class-leading products and services.
Our client has in excess of 1 billion subscribers using their security services on a daily basis; this is truly high availability, Big Data services.
Requirements and Experience:
* A minimum of 5 years working at senior Software Development level primarily with Java (minimum Java 7)
* Excellent experience with developing in a Linux environment. In depth knowledge of Linux based systems is a must. Additional experience with Mac or Android OS is beneficial
* Expertise in Unit Testing with the likes of Mockito or equivalent
* Deep experience in Spring
* RESTful web service experience
* Strong knowledge of Microservices architecture
* Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL (Couch, Mongo, Casssandra etc.)
* Strong experience developing to Agile practices
* Experience working with cloud based services such as AWS and DevOps principles, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
* Additional experience working with at least a few of the following is highly desirable: Spark, Storm, Docker or Mesos, Hadoop/HBase, Angular.js
This is a hands-on development role which will also provide the opportunity for design and architecture and to work with a wide-range of technologies and explore your ideas and curiosity. You should be someone who thrives on self-directed learning and has an innate curiosity to find out more about new technologies and to work out where you can implement them and how.
Our client is based in Dublin city centre and are offering a highly competitive base salary and benefits package.
IF you are interested in applying for this position please do so via the relevant links or contact Tom Leonard in itContracting directly on 01 218 7721.