Primarily Roles & Responsibilities:
· Participate in feature requirements definition
· Develop features
· Problem isolation and fault finding
· Support test automation for developed features
· Customer issue replication
· Creating and updating of releases notes.
· Work with Product Management to understand requirements.
· Work within Development to test product and isolate issues.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
· Experience in Linux/UNIX development environment including scripting and configuration
· Possess an understanding and an interest in UX technologies and networking concepts protocols, applications and interfaces
· Excellent analytical skills and an ability to cope with ambiguity and change
· Proven experience in the full software development cycle within a project based environment
· Self-starter with excellent communication and documentation skills
· Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails application development
· Experience in Web page design and creation for Ruby applications
· Experience in working using Agile development methodologies
· Experience with C/C++ programming
· Commercial experience building and consuming HTTP APIs.
· Experience with PostgreSQL or similar.
· Exposure to automated testing beneficial.
· Knowledge of relevant design patterns, especially MVC.
· 6+ years of professional S/W development
· Honours Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Electronic Engineering
Possibly Some mentoring of junior engineers.