Our client have an immediate requirement for a strong developers with a keen interest in technologies and financial services. The successful candidate will work in a global team with colleagues in Ireland, the UK and the US. The role offers continuous training and the opportunity to work with and learn from technologists who are experienced in delivering successful enterprise scale solutions.
You will be a senior figure within the department, working within an Agile team, writing requirements and specification (e.g. automated tests), developing relationships across the technology and user communities. You will be responsible for supporting modern agile software development methods; including educating & mentoring less experienced team members. You will be a teaching, team member – setting the standards best technical practices and open to working with a number of different technologies / languages
• Strong experience within the IT industry
• Solid exposure to working in a development role
• Oracle / PL/SQL knowledge
• Windows Operating System, Unix Operating System,
• Full project development lifecycle
• Strong Communication Skills (written & verbal)
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills to support and shape the platform and clearly articulate technical designs and concepts
• Relationship building skills
• Experience with test-driven development and unit testing
• Experience of functional languages (e.g. Scala)
• Experience of Scrum / Agile methods
• Experience of Specification by Example / BDD
• Follows clean code principles
For further information or to apply, please call Derek Smyth on 01 6621000 or simply submit your CV through the link.