European Passport or valid full time Irish work permit required.
This is an opportunity for an analyst who has worked with more traditional business intelligence technologies to gain experience with big data and data science.
My client, a large, global, financial services company, currently has two job openings for aBusiness Intelligence/ ETL Developer, at both junior and senior levels.
You will be joining a data quality team that is using machine learning and other techniques to automate and create a common data quality standard, using models instead of rules, across the organisation.
Initially, you will be tasked with more of the traditional ETL and BI work, however you will be getting some exposure to data Science projects and the big data infrastructure (Hadoop etc.).
Eventually, once you have acquired the skills and knowledge, you will progress fully into data science and big data projects.
Experience in these areas is not required, however, this or a demonstrated interest, stemming from activates undertaken in personal time, is extremely beneficial.
• Sourcing data, discovery and analytics using ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) and Business Intelligence tools
• Driving innovation and science in the Data Quality (DQ) domain, leveraging the data harvested to correlate, quantify and guide remediation activities through models and creation of models to measure Data Quality without Data Quality
• Working collaboratively with Project Managers, Developers and end-users to deliver working solutions and analytics in an agile and iterative manner
• Being directly involved in the end-to-end System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from solution requirements gathering and validation activities through to Production deployment
• Creating models and reports providing interpretation and insight into business data
• Providing hands on analytics and application of data science
• Creating visualisation solutions through presentation to be used by senior management
Skills & Qualifications:
• Demonstrable experience using data science to solve business problems
• Experience working in Global teams
• Ability to identify issues and propose solutions
• Experience working in a project/programme environment
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• End-to-end system development lifecycle (SDLC) experience
• Experience with visualisation tools such as Qliksense, Arcadia data etc. (beneficial)
• Experience with (Extract, Transform & Load) ETL tools like Pentaho, Informatica Data Quality, RapidMiner etc.
• Statistics or Machine Learning experience (beneficial)
• Experience with programming and data languages such as Python, SQL and Java (beneficial)
• Experience working with the Hadoop platform (beneficial)
• Experience with big data tools like Hive, Impala, Spark and Pig (beneficial)
• Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or above in a relevant subject (or equivalent qualification/work experience)
• Ability to demonstrate examples of previous successful deliveries and a track record in providing insight through the application of data analytics
If you believe you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this analytics analyst job then don’t hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000 or click apply.