My client is the world's largest multi-channel video game retailer and they are currently growing out their European headquarters based in Dublin north. They currently have an opening for a global network engineer to join the team.
The international network engineer will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, support and optimization of network hardware/software and communication links supporting international offices and interests. Also, to analyse and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion as well as provide end user training where required.
The right candidate for this role has experience supporting international infrastructure and working in a global team setting. Ability to communicate effectively while working with colleagues across multiple countries and time zones is essential for the role.
Further job duties and responsibilities:
• Implement new and enhanced technologies into the network
• Support connectivity to cloud infrastructure, SaaS and other global technologies
• Adoption and adherence to current IT policies and processes.
• Provide troubleshooting and problem-solving support for network issues.
• Monitor system hardware and software and manage system and service performance.
• Maintain documentation regarding network configuration, operating procedures, and records relating to network hardware and software.
• Manage good working relationships with stakeholders in the organization
• A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or other related degree required
• 5-8 years of experience supporting, installing, configuring and troubleshooting mixed vendor network environments
• Advanced Industry certifications are required, showing a diverse and proficient skillset
• Experience managing enterprise IP addressing schemes
• Network management and troubleshooting skills along with working knowledge of protocol analysers, change management, and network monitoring systems
• Working knowledge of hardware including, but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, application acceleration, and management platforms.
• Proficient project management skills and knowledge of managing large network designs.
• Experience with cloud vendors, SaaS providers and connectivity to those services is desired
• Previous retail experience is preferred
• Ability to work extended hours with the flexibility to travel is a requirement to fulfil this role.
If you are interested in the global network engineer, please contact Ian Donnelly on 01 6621000