Our client based in Sligo, an Oracle/Java and SQL/.NET house, are seeking an IT Test Automation Engineer to take their testing to the next level.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with automation experience to make the next step in their career and lead the implementation of test automation tools within the organisation. Working as part of an integrated team you will play a key role in setting up test automation coverage within the company, ensuring that we continue to produce robust, high quality and well-engineered solutions.You will work closely with the IT Quality Team to set up a test automation strategy.
Using your test automation expertise you will help mentor our existing IT Quality team, reviewing their current test scripts, identifying suitable scripts for automation and helping build an automated regression testing suite with an aim to improving the overall quality of the products and efficiency of the team.
You will be responsible for creating ‘best practice’ documentation and training materials.
You will also be responsible for mentoring the current team on best practices for maintenance of automated testing scripts.
You will need to work closely with the development team to make sure that a consistent approach to unit testing is maintained, and code coverage is complete. You should expect regular (monthly) travel to London to ensure close working relationships are built and maintained, but you will also have the opportunity to define the tools needed to maximise collaboration and efficient working across the software delivery lifecycle.
Skills and Experience:
• At least 2 years’ experience in a test automation role using a recognised test automation toolset or framework.
• Experience with both UI-driven and headless automated testing.
• Experience with test data management tools to support the test automation activities.
• An excellent eye for quality, which you may have previously used in a manual testing role.
• Proven experience of implementing Automated Testing as part of a DevOps culture.
• Strong understanding of QA life cycle, testing methodologies and development & coding best practices.
• Strong organisational and communication skills at all levels to the business.
• Comfortable when presented with code.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!