Our client is a global financial services firm with a long-term presence in Ireland in fantastic offices in Dublin 2. They offer onsite breakfasts / lunches. They have a fantastic benefits package and a flexible work environment and they do really interesting stuff. They are seeking a talented, highly motivated Business Analyst who will be instrumental in the on-going development of their best-in-class risk systems.
The successful candidate will work closely with their teams in Dublin, London and New York, to enhance their high-performance internal dynamic financial analysis and risk modelling systems.
The candidate will be required to develop an understanding of the risk analysis domain, collaborate with the business users, developers and testing teams to develop and refine the requirements for new features, and integrate the solutions into their systems.
• Understand business processes and collaborate with business users, stakeholders, management and other staff to determine business needs and drive consensus on requirements and priorities.
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural, unambiguous language. (Backed up by prototypes, use cases and user stories, UI recommendations, work flow diagrams, etc.).
• Evaluate information and data gathered from multiple sources, identify impacts and decompose high-level information into details.
• Investigating, evaluating and making recommendations for improvements to current and new risk analysis and modelling systems.
• Develop proficient knowledge of internal systems to effectively specify requirements and define acceptance criteria.
• Prepare documentation of features, user guides and facilitate training for users on internal systems.
• Collaborate with developers, testing teams and subject matter experts to establish the vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
• Be a liaison between the business units and technology teams.
Qualifications, skills & experience:
• Relevant work experience, e.g. in business analysis, data analysis or in a technical analytical role.
• A minimum of BSc. in a Science, Maths, Actuarial Studies or Engineering discipline preferred.
• Fluent in Microsoft Excel and data analysis techniques.
• VBA or other programming experience an advantage.
• Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
• Experience in an Agile environment.
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• General problem solving mentality. The ability to collaborate with different teams on solutions for a variety of different business, code & data related problems.
• Attention to detail, with exceptional oral and written communication.
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and be able to change context relatively easily. The individual should manage their time to successfully deliver without heavy oversight.
• Comfortable speaking in front of groups and facilitating requirements and training workshops.
• Some insurance/reinsurance experience would be advantageous.
• Passion and a love of what you do!
This is a fast-paced business environment, demanding
To apply for the Business Analyst – Risk Systems role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000, or click on apply now.