Contract Network Consultant
Evros Technology Group, Ireland's leading Professional Services IT Provider, is seeking a very experienced Contract Network Consultant to join our team based out of our head office in Cherrywood, South Dublin.
As member of the Professional Services Team of consultants at Evros you will be working for one of the most cutting-edge technology companies around.
This role involves design, planning, implementation & support of our clients LAN & WAN network and security infrastructure onsite and across multiple datacentres.
You will have ownership of networks & will be responsible for developing the quality & reliability of these networks while meeting evolving business requirements of our clients.
You will need to work with peers from other teams to determine & implement innovative solutions to help with Evros's continued expansion.
* Minimum 6-8 years' experience in a hands-on networking role, including firewalls, routers & switches as well as datacentre network design.
* Primarily enterprise level Cisco based network experience, but experience with other enterprise technologies is an advantage
* A logical approach (backed by strong experience) to troubleshooting complex network & firewall issues
* In-depth knowledge of and experience with dynamic routing protocols including BGP & OSPF
* Experience of Cisco Nexus (L2/L3) switches, ASR routers & ASA firewalls
Ability to design resilient, scalable & secure network solutions to meet specific requirements
* Any of the following certifications are desirable: CCIE, CCNP (Routing / Switching), CCSP, CISSP.
* Some experience with virtualisation technologies & SDN would be an advantage
* Ability to take client requirements and translate them into a network migration solution that fits into an overall infrastructure plan
* Work closely with the sales team and clients to design, present and deploy network technologies
* For projects and engagements where you are the nominated lead Network engineer - lead activities and requirement gathering
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Ability to take ownership of issues & follow through to resolution
* Proven ability to work well under pressure
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to confidently present solutions you have designed
* Ability to act as a mentor to more junior team members
If you would like to apply for this role please do so via the relevant links or contact Chris Byrne in itContracting on 01 526 7737. All correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.