My client is a leading global insurance provider based in south Dublin. Due to expansion, they have an opening for an O365 Release Manager to join their Mobility Team.
The team provide operational service delivery and governance for IT End User Services. The operational services in scope include Service Desk, Desktop Platform, Deskside Services, Mobility, Mail and Messaging, Active Directory and O365 services, delivered through a combination of in house and outsourced suppliers.
The Central Team provides global and regional oversight of the services delivered in each in scope country, ensuring that group standards, processes and policies are followed and providing a central point of ownership for the services and for management of suppliers.
The Central O365 Services team has global responsibility and ownership for end to end delivery of the generic O365 services as well as for the performance of relevant suppliers.
The O365 Release Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the release cadence for Microsoft software as a service product such as Office 365 and Windows 10 in order to ensure effective business engagement and readiness, and to minimise operational disruption. This is a global role supporting all countries and regions.
• Facilitates the communication to end users on changes to the service and adoption of best practice
• Interfaces with the business to manage members of each deployment ring, gaining feedback from users in each ring prior to deploying to next ring
• Monitors Changes from Microsoft and arranges appropriate impact assessment, testing and deployment
• Collates changes from the product teams including any on premise changes
• Includes relevant activities for Office Online, desktop and Mobile Apps
• Maintains the Forward Schedule of Releases. Owns the global release workflows for O365 and Win10 releases
• Works with the communications team to ensure the relevant communications are produced for major stakeholders and end users
• Provide expertise on specific IT responsibilities contributing to projects, service enhancements, new services and commercials
• Perform a broad and challenging variety of work which is non-routine and at times unpredictable requiring the creative application of a wide range of technical and management skills
• Provide single focus point for specific IT responsibilities for O365 to advise on and resolve questions, issues and escalations related to the service performance
• May be called upon to participate in major incident/outage calls at any time of day or night
• Works with retained teams in the various countries to ensure delivery of the locally provided services is in alignment with the Group
• Provides expert guidance and support and facilitates communications with other teams as necessary
• Manage Global Delivery of specific IT services relating to the IT Workplace and Mobility scope
• Ensuring continuous service improvement and cost effectiveness
• Ensure group standards and policies are met while delivering to local business requirements
• Management and oversight of governance boards
• Minimising operational risks to service and cost
• Implementation and maintenance of global standards for processes, toolsets and methodologies
• 7 years’ experience in Information Technology industry with at least 4 in a supervisory or expert IT role
• University Degree or equivalent or specific relevant working experience
• ITIL fundamentals
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of Project management methodologies and tools Expert knowledge of relevant service scope including up to date awareness of current industry trends
• Awareness of legislation and statutory requirements especially relating to IT security and data protection in locations in which the company operates
• Understanding of the broader business environment and organisation
• In time the role holder will be required to build a deep understanding of specific methodologies (e.g. project management) and legal / regulatory requirements in countries of operation
• Experience operating in a global organisation with outsourced vendor management
• Deep understanding of O365 and Win10 environments and technologies including generic O365 aspects with knowledge of key products such as Exchange, Skype, Office and Onedrive
• Expert Knowledge of O365 configurations, tools, processes and operations
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve O365 service and performance issues
• Ability to consult and advise on O365 related change and project activities
• Experience of O365 project and major change activity such as version upgrades, operational fixes and rollouts
• Good understanding of underlying O365 architecture and design principles
• Good working knowledge of Mobility interfaces with O365 services
• Experience of working with Microsoft as key vendor
If you are interested in the Release Manager (O365), please contact Ian Donnelly on 01 6621000 or click on apply now.