Engineering Professional - Patents
Leading innovation firm are seeking to appoint an experienced Engineer with a background/strong interest in IP and innovation to work out of their Dublin office.
The company is expanding its operations across EMEA. As a Senior Engineer you will assist the Director of Engineering to drive technical assessments across a broad variety of technologies and markets such as Telco, Semi-Conductor, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, industial equipment, E-commerce, and Software in collaboration with many cross functional teams.
* Evaluate patents, technologies, and markets and report to business leaders on the engineering strength of the technologies.
* Identifying and assembling patents into focused portfolios for potential spinouts and licensing programs across a multitude of industry sectors
* Assist in the creation of business plans using those portfolios
* Identification, valuation and purchase recommendations of multi-million euro patent portfolios.
* Complete reverse engineering
* Preparing claim charts, and technical road-maps...
Key Qualification and Background Experience
* Experience or strong interest with invention and patent application processes
* Experience evaluating patents on their technical merit
* Experience in reverse engineering
* Background experience in the transfer of technology, assessment of patents/intellectual property for development or acquisition.
* A strong collaborative engineer who can communicate effectively, and knows how to get things done through formal and informal channels
* Masters of Science (or equivalent) in the field of Electrical, Engineering or Physics.
* A strong passion for technology and innovation.
The role offers a highly competitive salary along with a full benefits package.
The organisation offers a dynamic work environment that thrives on creativity, adaptability, passion, and team work.
Contact /Apply Now
For a confidential discussion on this IP Engineering opportunity contact Audrey Hughes Director Principle, in the strictest of confidence on direct line 00353 1 603 5072 or email