Our client, a rapidly growing financial software company, currently has a job opening for a Systems Administrator to join their Senior Infrastructure Team.
Although the company is large, this team operates with a small team mentality, meaning everyone can get exposed to many different areas, ranging from systems to networking, security, databases and more.
In addition, the company is now pushing its products into the cloud. As such, you will also get exposed to technologies in this area going forward.
• Play a key role with on-boarding new clients, including environment provisioning, customer connectivity, service integration, and security configuration.
• Provide production infrastructure support for our large and complex base of live clients.
• Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting systems with strong focus on continuous improvement.
• Assist with capacity planning for server resources.
• Write basic SQL queries perform light database administration tasks.
• Support third party infrastructure applications and services, such as Citrix XenApp, file transfer, job scheduling.
• Adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures.
• Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes
• Understand and respect why IT security is important to our company and follow all documented security policies and procedures.
• Participate in incident response and troubleshooting efforts as issues arise.
• Participate in periodic weekend maintenance rotation.
• Operational experience on an infrastructure/systems administration team supporting mission critical production systems.
• Experience building and delivering IT systems with a high degree of quality.
• Proven experience working with various core infrastructure and web technologies
• Proven experience with MS Windows Server system administration or application server support
• A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
• Good understanding of various Microsoft technologies – Active Directory, Group Policies, IIS, WSUS, SQL Server, DFS, DNS, NTFS etc.
• Basic understanding of the core concepts of networking, firewalls, and VPNs.
• Experience with some web / application server technologies (ex: Apache HTTPD, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere)
• Experience with job scheduling software are a plus (ex: Cisco Tidal, AutoSys, BMC Control-M)
• Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Perl, etc.) are a plus
• Understanding of ITIL concepts are a plus.
• Professional IT certifications are a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as management or computer information systems (MIS, CIS), information technology (IT), financial engineering, engineering, science, economics, mathematics, or statistics.-Essential
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right Systems Administrator for this job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000 or click apply.