Job Title: IT Helpdesk Support (Immediate Start in the Midlands)
New role in with a multi-national client based in Athlone. As an integral member of the IT team you will be responsible for providing first and second level support for end users and clients relating to IT matters. This will include laptops and desktops, server, networks, telecommunication and proprietary software. You will also be involved in projects, configurations, installations and troubleshooting software and hardware problems.
As part of this global team your responsibilities will include:
• Co-ordinating with European colleagues to man the Helpdesk helpline
• Working through the Remedy task ticketing system to close off issues expediently
• Providing support for the companies end users and clients on proprietary software including PowerView, Solution Folders, and DecisionKey (in-house application)
• Imaging and setting-up machines for new employees, upgrades etc.
• Assisting with moves, adds and changes
• Providing user training and assistance
• Provide onsite support to remote office locations
• Completing ad-hoc projects
• You will also be responsible for providing periodic reports, inventory management and other administrative tasks, as needed.
• IT experience in a business environment
• BA/BS in related field or equivalent work experience
• Proficient in Windows (all versions), Remedy (or equivalent), MS Office, Active - Directory, and Internet Explorer
• Experience with servers and VM environments a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem research skills
• Candidates must be customer oriented, self-motivated, ambitious, and dedicated team player
• Ability to interface effectively via phone or email with both technical and non-technical users
• Candidates must be willing to travel and to be flexible with working hours to suit business need when required
Experience with routers, switches, and phone systems a distinct advantage.
Urgent position to be filled and interview and feedback will move quickly.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton on 09064 78104 and email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!