Our client are a major countrywide organisation involved in the transport sector.
They have an immediate requirement for an IT Support person for a 12 month temporary contract. This role is offers holiday and bank holiday pay, a 36 hour working week and is based in the city centre (Dublin 2). This is a really good opportunity to gain experience in one of Ireland’s largest companies in a highly professional; environment.
• Undertake investigations, root cause analysis and process improvement projects with the aim of improving the safety, reliability and performance of all Transport IT systems.
• Keep up-to-date with best industry practice and developments in your area of responsibility.
• Provide technical support and assistance to Transport department related to your area of responsibility.
• Provide updates on Maintenance Instructions and specifications in line with best practice.
• Ensure that system in place for recording service affecting defects and other faults in data base for analysis.
• Initiate investigations into the facts surrounding failures including maintenance history, number of similar failures etc., to establish whether the failure is due to design or maintenance.
• Initiate, develop and implement changes in order to improve safety, reliability and maintenance. All changes are to be made in accordance with approved change process.
• Assist with component failure investigations.
• Develop technical specification where required for the procurement of components and systems related to your area of responsibility.
• Participate in the technical evaluation of tender proposals related to your area of responsibility.
• Reporting on progress against agreed targets and project delivery schedules.
• Good technical ability, knowledge and understanding of computer scripts, Operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, Busy box, UNIX.
• Excellent IT skills in the Office suite of applications.
• Good communication skills (written & verbal)
• Ability to manage resources and work on own initiative
• Interest in statistics, identifying patterns and trends in data
• Safety Focus and knowledge
• Understanding of technical standards
• Exceptional problem solving skills
For more information or to apply, please contact Derek Smyth on 6621000 or simply email your CV.