My city centre based client is leading provider of wealth management, asset management, capital markets and financial advisory services. Due to increasing demands on IT Security resources owing to the implementation of a number of security projects, increased regulatory requirements & the general rise in Cyber-security threats, they are looking to hire an IT Security Specialist to join the team.
Reporting to the IT Security Manager, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of small projects, and assisting in the implementation of larger, more complex projects. Your role will also include overseeing the effectiveness of existing security controls, and providing advice and recommendations to IT staff as to the implementation of new security controls.
This position is a mixture of project and ‘Business as Usual’ work. There is minimal ‘hands-on’ operational responsibilities, but candidates will need to be comfortable with technology, and capable of independent research and analysis of security threats to new or emerging technologies.
• Assist the IT Security Manager (ITSM) in responding to security incidents.
• Provide input into the drafting of security policies & standards, and provide implementation guidance to internal I.S. staff.
• Monitor the effectiveness of key security & IT controls.
• Review & investigate the output of security tools, including Vulnerability Assessment, SIEM & automated scripts, for security vulnerabilities and significant changes to the security status of the organisation.
• Assist in the development & implementation of the Security Awareness program.
• Take ownership of low complexity security projects, and assist in the implementation of more complex projects. Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Maintain an awareness of security news, and developments in industry standards.
• Analytical, organised, and problem-solving temperament by nature, with the ability to troubleshoot issues independently.
• 2 years’ experience in Information Security, IT audit or related discipline.
• At least one of Security+, CEH, CISA, CISSP or related certifications.
• Advantageous - Degree in Information Security or IT.
• Advantageous – IT Audit experience.
• Advantageous - Knowledge of IT Security best practices
• Advantageous – Knowledge of Information Security and Risk frameworks such as COBiT, ISO 27001, CIS Top 20.
• Advantageous – Knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
• Excellent written and strong verbal communication skills.
If you are interested in the IT security Specialist role, please contact Ian Donnelly on 016621000 or click on apply now.