Technical Support Engineer
Location : Belfast
IT support Specialist required to join a market leader in the medical device industry, based in Belfast. The successful role holder will resolve / escalate technical issues to help ensure maximum uptime of the company products. This person will also work directly with end Customers on Hardware/Software installations, so strong customer facing skills is required.
- The primary focus is around Windows and SQL Server Administration and troubleshooting.
- Installation of Server and Client Hardware/Software
- Interfacing of Medical Devices to a Clinical System
- Advising Customers on Design Solutions and Workflows
- Detecting and mitigating potential performance issues and problems before users are impacted
- Comply with all relevant protocols associated with call logging, service scheduling and other call related activities
- Proactively manage customer relations with particular emphasis on communication with customers and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Active participation in a 24x7 on call rotation (1 week in 4) and occasional work outside of normal business hours required.
- Degree in a related Engineering/Computer Science/IT field is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with Windows and SQL Administration.
- Strong Windows Administration, 2003 and 2008 including Active Directory.
- Virtual machine technology.
- SQL Server Administration, Reporting and Scripting.
- The candidate has excellent communications skills verbally and written with a focus on customer service.
- Starting salary of up to 40K depending on experience
- Life assurance
- Company car
- Generous on call bonus