Our client, a multinational insurance company, currently has a job opening for a Business Intelligence Developer. To be the right Business Intelligence Developer for this job you should be self-starting, creative and innovative.
There is a tangible opportunity to become a team lead in a relatively short amount of time on this position. Those looking to advance their career down a leadership path (but still remain hands-on in the short/medium) should apply to this position.
The requirements below are just a guide. If you have worked in and SQL Database/warehouse environment and would like to learn you will be considered.
• Development and maintenance of tools and applications in appropriate technologies to best serve the business.
• Development of SQL databases enhancements
• Development of SQL Server Reporting Services reports
• Maintenance and enhancement of existing SSIS ETL and SSAS cubes
• Ensuring stability, integrity, accuracy, timeliness and usability of existing data resources.
• Collaboration with all stakeholders in establishing, refining, and documenting database and other functional requirements.
• Supporting the applications through their lifecycle of testing, deployment, operation, user training, maintenance, and enhancement.
• Using specialist knowledge to inform the team’s technical decisions
• Contributing to the review, selection, and adoption of proprietary and third party solutions.
• Ensuring compliance with relevant company standards and guidelines.
• Contributing to the technological and methodological direction of software within the investments team and the company as a whole
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
• Microsoft certification an advantage.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience reports\cubes\datasets in a MS SQL Server, including knowledge of the suite of Microsoft tools supporting MS SQL Server including SSRS, SSAS & SSIS.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Strong Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 database design/development experience (T-SQL)
• ETL skills through T-SQL (including dynamic SQL) and/or SSIS
• SSAS knowledge
• Proven knowledge and understanding of good database administration principles.
• Scripting and automation experience a distinct advantage
• Excellent analytic, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Solid documentation skills.
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right Business Intelligence Developer for this job, please click on apply now or contact Stephen Waters on 01 662 1000.