Systems Support Engineer – Dublin 1
Ideal Location in the heart of the City Centre, we are looking to hire a passionate Systems Support Engineer to work in an agile environment with an innovative multinational organization who are a Global leader in their industry.Below is an outline of the role for you to look over. If you would like to be considered please send your CV via the link or call Ryan on 01 2449531 for more info.
Duties will include:
Reporting to the ITS Manager, the Systems Support Engineer is responsible for providing global support to our operations across the Americas, Asia-Pacific and EMEA regions. This role will suit someone with strong technical support experience, looking to develop their career within an award-winning global company.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Taking ownership of fault diagnosis and resolution, both individually and within a team
• Using systems expertise to find solutions to technical issues as they occur and helping to improve systems within the organization
• Escalating support issues to management and taking ownership until resolution
• Logging and tracking details of solutions provided to resolve internal issues, including logging to an internal support system for management and reporting
• Using your expertise to enhance existing systems or to suggest new systems/procedures where required and implementing once approved
• 3+ years’ proven track record in a similar operational role, underpinned by strong all-round communication skills, particularly in technical matters.
• Excellent knowledge of current desktop and server hardware and technologies.
• Strong diagnostic knowledge of Microsoft operating systems from installation through to configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008-2016.
• Advanced experience of networking principles (including LANs, WANS, configurations for Routers, Switches, VLANs, and VPNs)
• Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills with excellent decision-making ability.
• Proven track record in managing multiple escalations with effective follow-up/follow-through and timely documentation
• Good hands-on experience in relation to installing, building and maintaining servers/networks/hardware