A leading provider of tailored supply chain solutions are seeking a Solutions Analyst to join their new Customer Account structure. This role can be based in either Dublin or Limerick.
The successful candidate will be working closely with Analysts, Software Developers and the QA engineers to be based in Ireland or The Netherlands. You will be required to travel internationally to support customer deployments, as and when required.
In this role, you will be responsible for the functional design, specification and delivery of proprietary IT solutions within the Logistics and Supply Chain sector with specific focus on Warehouse Management solutions, light-assembly, manufacturing and transportation.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
• Responsibility for the IT solution architecture and design incorporating the engineering solution, operational and customer specific requirements.
• Responsible for producing the Functional Specifications to support the delivery of new business projects, business Change Requests and customer change requests.
• Working closely with Customers, IT Analyst team, Business Development teams, Engineering, Process engineering & Operational teams.
• Facilitation of solution design workshops.
• Business Analysis, gap review, impact assessment and documentation of Functional Requirements.
• Design of practical, efficient, cost effective solutions providing options with benefits, risks, recommendations included. Solutions will need to be designed taking into consideration of geography, time, budget, resource, customer constraints, volumes, skills, available technologies.
• Completion of Functional Specifications to meet solution design and customer requirements with appropriate sign-offs.
• Communication and liaison with all key stakeholders.
• Subject matter expert and point of contact for overall solution throughout the project life-cycle.
• Support/Assist project test phases – QA, System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
• Facilitate and support onsite deployments through warranty periods.
• Liaison/point of contact between operations and software development team.
• Management, diagnosis and prioritisation of issue logging in conjunction with IT Project Manager.
• Integration Analysis to support the Integration of Application with Customer systems.
• Support of solution deployments from concept through live/warranty phase.
• Review and approval of delivered software prior to promotion into production environments.
• Responsible for supporting delivery of projects through to closure of warranty phase.
• Degree: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science a related field or relevant industry experience (5+ years IT related role within Logistics/Supply Chain).
• Experience: Proven track record of 5+ years in delivery of complex Warehouse Management, Supply Chain and Logistics solutions within a 3PL or commercial WMS environment.
• Personal skills: Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to apply creativity and critical thinking to problem solving solutions.
• Strong Project Management skills with proven capability to deliver well documented solutions within the constraints of time, cost and functionality.
• Demonstrated ability to work with remote teams and remote customers across numerous geographies and time zones.
• Extensive experience with supply chain / logistics applications and processes.
• Good understanding of database and schemas. Able to develop and interpret detailed and complex technical documentation.
• General knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of EDI messaging and Enterprise Integration solutions.
• Detailed knowledge of the Technology WMS, TMS and/or DMS solutions and processes.
If you are interested in the Solutions Analyst role, please click on apply now or contact Ian Donnelly on 01 6621000