Our client, a well-respected, global Financial Services company, currently has a job opening for a Senior Systems Administrator.
As a Senior System Administrator in this job, you will have access to the latest technologies in the areas outlined below. The company is a relatively new play in its sector, as such, IT is at the company’s core and is viewed as extremely important.
The Dublin office has a large IT contingent and there is plenty of opportunity for progression.
• Working with clients to deliver a stable Wintel-based environment
• Identify areas where improvements can be made to current technologies and processes and procedures
• When required accurately plan and implement upgrades to system infrastructure.
• Provide technical assistance to less experienced members of IT staff, i.e. Service Desk team.
• Monitoring of operational IT infrastructure using monitoring tools and proactively react to issues as they arise.
• Identifying risks that may affect the stability and integrity of IT infrastructure.
• Excellent Windows Server skills – multiple server environments, AD, GPO
• Strong working knowledge of administration in VMWare environments
• Working knowledge of NetBackup solution
• Knowledge of SharePoint administration
• Knowledge of central management software deployment systems (e.g. Dell KACE)
• Knowledge of an enterprise-level monitoring and patching management systems (e.g. Symantec Altiris, Argent suite)
• General knowledge of networking (DNS, firewalls, network layers and protocols)
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies in interview. Commitment to Excellence, Communication, Customer Service, Team work, Analysing and Problem Solving, Flexibility and Openness to Change, Planning and Organisation. Target Driven
• Working knowledge of SQL environment (backups, troubleshooting)
• Working knowledge of SAS environment
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for the Senior Systems Administrator job please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000 or click apply.