Our client, a construction company located in South Dublin, currently has a job opening for a Senior Systems Administrator. To be the right Systems Administrator for this job you should have excellent systems experience but also some exposure to networking.
This is a large company and the role will involve both 3rd level support as well as project based work.
The IT environment includes Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Exchange Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File/Print Services, Spam/Virus Protection, CISCO, Citrix XenApp, VMware vSphere, Trend Micro, HP storage area networks (SAN), SQL Servers, IIS, Exchange, Lync, FTP Servers and WSUS.
• Providing second and third-level support to employees for all IT-related concerns, which include supporting and troubleshooting across a number of site locations.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately
• Work with vendors/partners to resolve complex problems
• Raise, track, update and close helpdesk issues through full lifecycle
• Assume full ownership and responsibility of all allocated support tickets ensuring they are dealt with promptly and professionally and satisfactorily concluded
• Updating helpdesk documents so that support information is updated
• Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
• Other ad hoc duties as required
• Strong technical knowledge of fundamentals such as Networking, Routers, Switches, FTP, Microsoft Active Directory, GPO, Users profiles, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Lync and Microsoft Windows XP/Window 7 is essential.
• Ability to work effectively and handle multiple concurrent work tasks on a daily basis in a fast paced and demanding business environment.
• Manage the deployment, maintenance and support of users, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
• Coordinates hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed in accordance with company policies.
• Recommend resolutions to complex matters of significance and coordinates the implementation of the approved course of action.
• Highly self-motivated.
• Experience in a helpdesk or other service-oriented IT role support local and remote users and sites.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written and be able to effectively communicate technical issues and alternatives in layman terms as required.
• Knowledge and familiarity with customer support best practices and use of ticket tracking application.
• Proven team player dedicated to providing top level, positive customer service delivery at all times.
• An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
• Strong work ethic, be committed to customer success, and demonstrate passion for high customer sat.
• Ability to remain calm and composed when under stressful situations.
Qualifications / Experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience
• B.S. degree in appropriate technical field, or commensurate professional experience, is highly desirable.
• Current professional certifications for VMware, Citrix and MCITP, MCSA and MCSE are considered desirable.
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this Senior Systems Administrator job, then please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000 or click apply.