Our client is a global financial services form with a long presence in Ireland. This role involves looking after the internal Infrastructure at 1st and 2nd level. In addition assisting with the Application environment and getting involved in application development using C# and SQL.
It is an excellent role for someone with a solid Infrastructure support background who is looking to further their software development capabilities. You will get broad exposure across a number of core IT disciplines in an open and friendly and highly supportive environment.
The role of the IT manager is to support and develop IT / telecommunications systems within the Bank.
Key responsibilities of the candidate include the following:
• Develop and maintain IT Infrastructure including computers and networks.
• Development and implementation of IT strategy and risk framework.
• Policy and practice development. Understanding and implementation of IT best practices (EBA, Central Bank of Ireland, ISAE).
• Develop and maintain telecommunications systems.
• Develop and maintain reporting systems.
• Documentation of all IT systems and related controls. Implementation and monitoring of key controls including:
o Incident management.
o Release management.
o Identity and access management
o Security management
o Change Control of all local IT systems.
• Desktop support.
• Support and assist each department regarding their IT needs.
• Provide local support for main banking systems.
• Management of IT service delivery outsourced under SLA. Act as lead contact for implementation of changes initiated by outsourced service provider.
• Monitor and control IT budget/costs.
• Backup of critical systems and offsite storage of critical computer data.
• Contingency & Disaster recovery planning.
• Purchase of IT equipment.
• Support Internal and external audit process
• Act as cover for Software Development manager. The Software Development manager is primarily responsible for the following:
o Engage with business users and technology team to identify user requirements.
o Analyse, develop, implement and document reporting solutions based on user requirements identified,
o Support the business users in helping them use the technology in solving their business issues.
The candidate should be technically proficient with the following skills:
• Advanced problem solving skills
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with a team.
• Windows Server deployment and administration.
• Understanding and troubleshooting of desktop/network related hardware and software.
• SQL Server development
• C# and .Net development skills.
To apply for the IT Support Lead (Infrastructure & .Net) role, please click on apply now or contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.