BAM Ireland currently have an opportunity for a Desktop Support Engineer. You will be a member of our ICT Services team providing onsite & remote services to business. The role will be based in our Head Office in Kill, Co. Kildare.
Job Title: ICT Desktop Support Engineer
Job Role and Responsibilities
- As part of the ICT Services team reporting to the ICT Services Manager, you will be based at our head office in Kill, providing 1st and 2nd level IT services to 500+ users located at our head office in Kill and at multiple remote sites countrywide.
- Providing support, installation and monitoring services for technologies that include HP PC’s & laptops, Apple MAC, Cisco networking, video conferencing & IP telephony, Canon and HP printers.
- Administration of a fleet of 500+ mobile devices including Windows and IOS Smartphones, iPads and 4G modems.
- Monitoring and maintaining core network and server availability by carrying out daily checks on systems and resolving issues.
- Administration of the procurement process for ICT hardware, software and services
Key Technology Skills
- Solid understanding of hardware products including PCs, laptops, printers, fixed / mobile telephony and general network equipment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products including, Active Directory, Exchange, Windows 7 and Office products.
- Good understanding of networking/broadband products (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Wifi,4G).
- Exposure to security technologies e.g. Sophos, McAfee, Forcepoint.
- Experience with MS Systems Centre Manager; MS Lync, MS SharePoint or Citrix an advantage
- Candidate will have a Third Level qualification in ICT.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant post graduate work experience is required.
- Communication skills are an essential key requirement as you will be dealing with end users and 3rd party service providers on an ongoing basis.
- Have excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to manage workload through a Helpdesk Call Logging System
- Ability to work within an ICT Team to promote, develop and maintain strong customer service values.
- Candidate will have strong administrative skills and be well organised.
- ITIL qualification/experience desirable