My client is a leading ISP with headquarters based in north Dublin. They are seeking a Network Solutions Architect to join the presales department.
The candidate will provide international technical expertise and support in the pre- and/or post-sales process to facilitate product/service implementation and to identify and satisfy customer needs. Works directly with assigned customer-base and with sales branches/regions towards achieving an assigned revenue quota by driving differentiated customer solution sales. Supports the sale with technical international expertise. Participates in strategic selling activities including proactive contact and relationship building with technical customer resources. Participates on sales calls.
Communicates and understands customer networks and deliver recommendations. In partnership with a Sales Rep, manages specific functions and deliverables (e.g. engineering/network designs, requirements analysis, solution design, RFP responses, presentations to customer staff, etc.) required to execute sales strategies. Participates in Account Team strategies, playing a direct role in strategy development. Liaison to solution consulting and sales teams on network challenges and technology enhancements. Provides in-depth technical guidance to sales team members on functionality of products and services.
• Provide Sales Teams with detailed, technical support throughout the sales cycle.
• Define prospects’ technical and commercial requirements, and based on expert understanding of the company’s current and potential capabilities, competitors’ capabilities and customers’ values, champion the support, design and sale of those capabilities to the customer.
• Interface with other Networks technical support organization to develop customer solution designs according to policies and meeting customer business requirements.
• Present general capabilities and customized solutions to customers.
• Drive support for customized solutions within the organization.
• Act as centre of technical expertise for sales concerning and competitive offerings. Gather knowledge about Local and international suppliers, partners, competitors and interface with product Management to leverage the information.
Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years related work experience or 8 years related work experience
• Environment: Telecommunications, Carrier, Service Provider, Internet, WAN, Technical Design Authority, Network Designer, Solution Architect, Presales, Post Sales, Network Consultant, MPLS, IP-VPN, VPN, Ethernet, xDSL, Connectivity, Routing and Switching, BGP, OSPF, Optimisation, VPLS, IPSEC, Unified Comms, IP Telephony, VoIP, Voice, WiFi, Cyber Security
• Experience in a customer facing technical sales and/or consultancy role, with the ability to interact and present to customers up to the highest levels 2. Broad telecom technical knowledge, with depth technical and commercial knowledge in (some of) the converged solutions area:
o Global WAN solutions including MPLS/IP and related QoS/CoS offering.
o Traditional Voice and VoIP solutions (SIP-Trunking, Managed IP Telephony, Unified Communication), including migration opportunities and issues.
o Cloud based solutions d. Wireless/wireline convergence solutions.
o Cyber Security
o Enterprise Scale Wi-Fi
• First-hand experience in the enterprise sector for the global IT strategy definition, for the supplier selection and for the deployment of global converged solutions.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Strong public speaking / presentation skills.
• Strong leadership skills / initiator of projects.
• Strong team orientation.
• Strong listener, Fluent English language skills, additional language skills would be a bonus
• CCNA qualification would be desirable.
If you are interested in the Network Solutions Architect role, please click on Apply now or contact Ian Donnelly on 01 6621000