This is an excellent Job Opportunity with a very recognized global brand. If you are an experienced DevOps or Cloud Infrastructure engineer, this is a great opportunity to join a team where you will have a genuine voice. They have state of the art offices and a warm and collaborative work culture. They are offering a strong package and excellent career development opportunities.
Step-up your game with our clients Cloud Optimization and Governance team. The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for development, maintenance, and production support of cloud technology environments across the group. This position is also responsible for assessing application readiness for the cloud and providing solutions for new cloud toolsets to achieve readiness. Be a part of a team that is defining and innovating their cloud presence for all their international locations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborates with other Information Technology associates and functional business teams to build, deliver, and support effective, creative cloud technology solutions aligned to specified business initiatives
• Participate in and oversee the design of Cloud solutions, from conceptual, logical and physical design to meet business and technical requirements, leveraging architecture patterns and following development processes
• Provide recommendations to management, based on current and emerging technologies, on methods to reduce costs, improve performance and availability, and reduce administration time for information systems
• Developing a broad understanding of how various systems and AWS Services interact, and leverage that understanding in the design of new services and improvement of existing services.
• Serve as a change leader who guides and supports business and IT customers
• Define technology reference architectures for guiding the development of infrastructure as code building blocks
• Evaluates and creates new tools and techniques to facilitate effective infrastructure related practices and setting the standard for highest quality of work. Acts as a Mentors for others and leading by example.
• Lead efforts in Automating Cloud Administration and IT Operations tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools.
• Build and maintain Cloud Formation templates, Chef recipes and cookbooks, and bootstrapping scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes with a focus on reusability
• Conduct code reviews, provide technical mentoring, ensure proper architectural oversight, and guarantee delivery of quality infrastructure code by the team.
• Mentor engineering staff on Continuous Integration or deployment automation best practices
• Actively taking lead on efforts to improve the availability, performance and the customer experience of our systems.
• Working directly with our IT teams to identify and resolve primary causes of service impacting issues and to build auto mitigation to common failure scenarios.
• Based upon management direction, plans and implements strategies for meeting cloud technology needs
• Monitors project deliverables, as directed, to ensure project and functional leaders receive accurate, timely updates as required
• Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace
• Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simply processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and to ensure that work is completed safely, accurately, and on time
Basic and Preferred Qualifications (Education and/or Experience)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field or equivalent experience required
• Amazon Cloud experience preferred, configuration management and Infrastructure as code, and DevOps tools such as Chef, PowerShell and DSC experience preferred
• 2+ years’ experience in a retail high-volume E-Commerce environment preferred
• Experience working in Agile and Scrum environments preferred
• MCSE, ITIL, AWS Architect, AWS DevOps certifications highly preferred, although specific commensurate experience may be considered in substitution
Minimum Qualifications, Job Skills, Abilities
• Proficient knowledge of Cloud Formation templates and JSON/YAML
• Working knowledge of Chef and Ruby scripting
• Chef Automate, Workflow, & Compliance experience highly preferred
• Working ability to use various source control systems like Git, SVN, TFS
• 2 years’ experience in scripting, configuration management, IT automation, and cloud technologies
• Proficient knowledge of effective problem solving and identifying innovative solutions, including new products
• Working knowledge of standard project management practices
• Working knowledge of Jira/TFS or other task/bug/issue tracking systems
• Working knowledge with Scrum and Agile Development
• Working Knowledge of Retail Systems and processes preferred
• Ability and enthusiasm for learning, adapting to, and integrating new technologies and methodologies.
• Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
To apply for the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer role please click on apply now or contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.