IT Job - Python Developer – 6 month contract potential to be 24months – €400 - €500 per day – based in Dublin 18
My client is looking for a Python Developer for a new team that they are building in Dublin. This role will be primarily focused around developing solutions for the Global Funding division, delivering key solutions for their “QzFunding” application, a front office trading, risk & reporting platform.
• Working within a distributed Agile team
• Liaising with Business Analysts and end users to go through the requirements & design
• Contributing to functional & technical design
• Write requirements with our users and business analysts, write automated tests & deliver software.
• Build excellent relationships across technology and user communities
• Mentor less experienced team members using methods such as informal training, pair programming etc.
Skills and qualifications:
• Experience in Python programming
• Experience of RESTful APIs
• Experience in successful application development in multiple technologies
• Experience working on Investment Banking technology solutions
• Experienced in using design patterns and following best software engineering practices
• Good, confident analytical skills are essential as all members of the team will be involved with defining user stories and specification by examples through direct exposure to the users
• Experience of Scrum/ Agile methods
• Hands on experience in other Java/C#,C++ or other OO languages and knowledge of non-OO technology e.g. C/pro-C, SQL would be useful
• Knowledge or experience of Specification by Example / ATDD / BDD
• Test Driven Development practices including continual integration is desirable
If you are interested in this position, please forward your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Angela O’Donnell on 01 662 1000 for further information. Thank you.