Our client, a multinational city centre company currently has a job opening for a Data Architect. You will be working in the company’s global innovation centre on internal company projects. To be the right Data Architect for this job you will need to have a thirst for learning new tech, and the flexibility to balance multiple projects at once.
You will be working closely with teams of data scientists and machine learning engineers on large complex projects. You will also be required to learn to work with Big Data and the Hadoop ecosystem.
• Co-operating with the innovation centre team in multiple types of data mining and projects activities
• Acting as a subject matter expert for cross divisional important projects in relation to data architectural issues and data mining activities.
• Providing data analysis of existing systems in relation to Reference Data Services (RDS)
• Developing a data strategy and a conceptual data model.
• Providing support regarding data delivery for the introduction of a golden source for parties, products, instruments and common reference data
• Ensuring co-ordination and support of groups in the business, who need data architectural help
• Co-operating with the Reference Data Manager who links into the Bank-wide Reference Data Services programme
• Performing data oriented tasks for the adoption of all systems across locations to RDS
Skills & Qualifications:
• Educated to Bachelor’s degree level with a concentration in Information Technology (IT) or Banking (or equivalent) or good experience in the Financial Services or IT industry
• Previous experience in data modelling, business intelligence, analytics, canonical data model definition, data governance, data integration, data migration etc.
• Knowledge of software development and database implementation plus familiarity with database design tools like Power Designer (beneficial)
• Understanding of business use cases and the ability to define data domains that will structure multi-dimensional modelling
• Knowledge of workflows, systems and applications within a complex environment
• Basic understanding of transaction banking and corporate finance products, knowledge in core banking
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle etc.) and BIG databases (Hadoop) (beneficial)
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work in an international environment
• Good communication skills
• Creative and pro-active, able to work under pressure
• Self-motivated team player with a service and customer focus
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right Data Architect for this job, please do not hesitate to contact, Stephen Waters on 016621000 or click apply.