Our client is a major Irish success story. It’s a company that has grown significantly in the last number of years and currently employing over 200 people between Dublin and their other global sites. It is a highly innovative tech led company, developing a market leading product. You will get the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and an excellent peer group.
They are expanding its core engineering development team in Dublin, which is responsible for building their high performance, real-time analytics products, utilizing the latest software and hardware technologies.
This is an opportunity to join a world-leading engineering team working on the design and development of new features across their entire product range. They are at a tremendously exciting stage with extensive innovative work on-going towards their corporate vision.
• Third Level Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Extensive experience as a systems engineer including software development, hardware programming and system optimisation
• Strong C/C++ programming skills
• Proficiency in software optimisation and tuning in multi-threaded environments
• Knowledge of Intel x86 platforms, architecture and tuning
• Knowledge of Linux including kernel and file system internals
• Experience with network stacks, protocols and packet processing
• Kernel and device driver integration, patching and optimisation
• CPU cache performance tuning (memory layout optimizations’, prefetching)
• Assembly programming
• RAID configuration and optimisation
• Hardware selection, configuration, optimisation and troubleshooting
• Experience with PCI devices including network and storage adapters
• Experience with IPMI
• Intel chipsets and supporting hardware (memory & disk controllers, etc.)
• System level performance tuning (BIOS settings, power management, huge pages)
• Experience with Python, shell scripting, make files and Java
If you are interested in the Principal Systems Engineer (C++ / Linux) role please click on apply now or contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.