My client is rapidly growing its global Software-as-a-Service platform. They are looking for a hands-on, well rounded Network Security Engineer to join their growing SaaS Infrastructure Support team based in Dublin city.
This team is responsible for the design, administration, and daily operation of critical systems used to support our clients’ Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments. The team also helps to develop new support services and architects our core infrastructure. We offer an opportunity for talented and driven individuals to get on board with an organization that values personal initiative and growth.
The successful candidate will excel at project-based work, service design, advanced troubleshooting, defining operational procedures, and managing the relationship with our hosting provider's Network Security team. The candidate will provide critical input on the strategy and development of network security solutions. The candidate should carry expertise in varying approaches to deploy preventive and detective network security controls.
• Ability to design operational standards for firewall configurations, change requests, network documentation, and troubleshooting procedures.
• Work closely with Product and Information Security teams on the network design, development, and operation of secure online services
• Perform Firewall rules audits, architecture tasks, log reviews, and supervise adhoc changes.
• Advise on network security architecture and operational improvements. This pertains to Network and Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems, SSO, Web Application Firewalls, Cisco Firewalls, etc.
• Act as an internal advocate and resource on securing CRD client data, systems, applications and networks in accordance with security best practices
• Perform network vulnerability assessments, identifying and prioritizing security issues, and documenting findings and recommendations.
• Evaluate new and emerging network security technologies, features, tools, and products
• Perform network security incident response and forensics investigation activities
• Perform various IT system support and system administration tasks as needed
• Self-motivated and flexible, ability to prioritize and multi-task on multiple highly visible and complex projects.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
• Should be customer-facing and set and manage expectations with client stake-holders and team members
• Possess thorough knowledge and experience with Information security standards (Security architecture analysis, Security Administration and Network and Firewall Engineering)
• Resilience and ability to handle stressful situations effectively while managing several tasks
• Ability to work within a defined change management process and willingness to participate in periodic after-hours scheduled maintenance
• BSC or other technical degree.
• Proven professional experience working as a network engineering or security professional with a focus on systems architecture, development and support.
• Extensive experience working within IT operational support.
• At least one network engineering certification, such as CCNA, CCNP
• Extensive expertise with Cisco ASA firewalls and VPN solutions
• Strong understanding of network best practices for securing online applications.
• Experience in network traffic analysis, packet capture, analysis, and troubleshooting.
• General expertise in network security including firewall configuration, network intrusion detection systems, leased lines/circuits, DNS
• Experience with load balancers (F5) and NetScaler a plus
• Experience in managed hosting / SaaS environment or network consulting preferred
• Experience supporting multiple global datacenters a plus
• Experience with host and network based security across multiple architectures and platforms
• Strong understanding of SSL/TLS encryption, key management, and authentication technologies.
• Network/Application security vulnerability assessment and management experience (e.g., Syslog, Nessus, Splunk, Symantec SEP, AppScan, Palo Alto)
• Understanding of Internet protocol suite
• network or information security related certifications are a plus, such as CISSP
• Knowledge of security industry standards such as ISO, NIST and FISMA a plus
• Knowledge of and experience with cloud computing concepts and application security architecture
• Proficiency with one or more scripting languages, automation and DevOps tools
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills with an ability to represent complex data in executive level graphical reporting dashboards
• A natural desire to bring order to IT systems and to automate processes
• A positive, customer-oriented, and energetic attitude
• An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
• A desire to work hard, be challenged in a fast-paced environment, and have fun while doing it.
If you are interested in the senior network security engineer, please click on apply now or contact Ian Donnelly on 016621000