The Business Analyst will have single electricity market / power utilities / utilities industry experience. The Business Analysts will have SEM / I-SEM experience as a Business Analyst ranging from 1 - 15 plus years. Placement as a Business Analyst will depend on years of experience, especially with single electricity market experience. The Business Analyst will preferably have experience in the following areas: SMART Metering / Energy Trading Systems / SEM / I-SEM / SEMO / Single Electricity Market / Billing / SAP ISU / SAP ERP / HR Systems / Financial Systems / Safety Management Systems / Document Management / Energy Networks / Agile within the utilities industry.
* Gather formal requirements and documentation.
* Assist in the collection of functional and technical requirements and in the development of design documents.
* Work on multiple phases of a project in single electricity market and/or multiple small projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments.
* Apply standards and methodologies, provide expertise and support on use of methods and tools.
* Responsible for needs analysis, project or task planning, process/data analysis and modelling and/or logical database design.
* Ensure projects are formally closed or reviewed.
* Formulate a project approach with the stakeholders and identify and assess risks to the success of the project.
* Assist in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identify potential benefits and available options for consideration.
* Produce specific business cases and scenarios and define documents system acceptance criteria.
* Define routine, integrated processes and documents.
* Work on projects using available frameworks and tools and establish plans for projects with on-time and on-budget project goals.
Hold a degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or relevant IT qualification.
Experience as a Business Analyst
Keywords: SMART Metering / Energy Trading Systems / SEM / I-SEM / SEMO / Single Electricity Market / Billing / SAP ISU / SAP ERP / HR Systems / Financial Systems / Safety Management Systems / Document Management / Energy Networks / Agile