Software Development Manager – .Net
About the company:
Our client is a booming SaaS company. Their solutions enable businesses to meet the challenges associated with improving the productivity of their mobile workforces, by extracting actionable business intelligence from real-time and historical data. The Software Development Manager should have extensive hands on experience on enterprise level projects. The Development Manager will have a high level of technical experience and be an influencer and decision maker in architecture, design and delivery decisions.
Excellent Salary + Benefits on offer
Responsibilities of the Software Development Manager:
• Build high performing teams of innovative software professionals by mentoring, coaching and developing internal talent and recruiting industry top talent.
• Develop, maintain and improve our delivery processes and systems.
• Champion innovation across the organisation.
• Drive efficiency in the team to maximise customer value and minimise waste.
• Work with internal resources to scope development projects, including deliverables, timelines and budgets etc.
• Lead architecture and technical designs reviews.
• Lead the team through a transition to Continuous Delivery, driving automation of build, deployment and test.
• Provide direction to direct and indirect reports in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company initiatives.
• Provide recommendations and assist in determining which projects to prioritise and make the trade-off between technical debt and new functionality.
• Drive down the cycle time from idea to customer value.
• Implement technical strategy and govern across various development teams.
• Ensure appropriate engineering resourcing is in place to deliver the business needs.
• 5+ years proven experience in a Software Development Management role in a .Net environment.
• Excellent OOP knowledge and experience in .NET 4+ & Angular 2 a distinct advantage.
• Experience with large scale SQL and NoSQL technologies.
• Experience in measuring and improving performance of production systems.
• Experience of leading multiple development teams in parallel.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of modern software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/Lean/XP), including Sizing, Estimation, Velocity, Burn-down charts, Burn-up charts, Cycle Times, Cumulative Flow, Pair Programming, BDD, TDD.
• Experience in highly scalable, highly available platforms.
• Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery & Automation.
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.