Java Engineer, Dublin
My client are looking for a Java developer to join the Dublin City Centre based team. You’ll help solve big data problems, work with cutting edge technologies, and build and scale our technology platform.
You’ll learn our platform and get to work on optimising it, adding features, and solving the inevitable bugs that arise.
You’ll be coding and building, but also have input on decisions on how our platform operates, what we can do, and how we can push out the limits of what my client’s technology is capable of. In turn, you’ll be helping media companies old and new adopt to the realities of digital distribution.
The Day to Day:
• You will have the opportunity to take ownership of full segments of the architecture. You’ll design, build and test multithreaded Java web applications used by thousands of clients.
• You will deploy to EC2 servers and manage a cluster of front end servers running Nginx, Tomcat. Play
• You will manage and tune a mix of Linux and Windows backend servers.
• You will create and refine data models in Java, MySQL, Redis and Cassandra, and set up infrastructure for big data analysis based on Cassandra and Machine Learning algorithms.
• You’ll learn continuously and implement and improve our current technologies.
• You’ll share your knowledge with the team and the software community through meetups and presentations .
• You will have the opportunity to take ownership of coding and other responsibilities and become a critical part of a very dynamic, open minded and exciting start up.
The right candidate will have:
• BA/BS in Computer Science or similar course
• Excellent Java skills
• Strong & demonstrable problem-solving ability
• Comfortable with self-management and on-the-job learning
• Competitive salary
• Bonus for individual performance.
• ESOP Participation – a share of the upside you create
• Great working environment in Dublin’s city centre
• An opportunity to help define an entire new industry category
• Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.