Our client based in Waterford City currently require a Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
If successfully selected, you will join their existing IT team onsite on a permanent full time basis and will assist with the day to day IT Infrastructure (Server, Network, Application and Client) support and maintenance.
Essential experience and skills requirements:
• Excellent abilities configuring Active Directory
• Network service including DNS, DHCP etc.
• Responsibility for Computer & Comms rooms – fiber, cabling, power, cooling & general facilities
• Responsibility for Backup, Restore and Disaster Recovery strategies (Data Protector, VEEAM etc.)
• Excellent capabilities in corporate environment systems/elements ranging from: communications lines,
SCCM, patch deployment, group policy, PowerShell/dos scripting, SAN + NAS maintenance etc.
• Responsibility for VMWare maintenance and day to day usage
• Setup, Support and Configuration of Computer Infrastructure including:
o Network (Cisco)
o SAN Storage (EMC / HP)
o Windows Servers
o PCs, Laptops
o Centralized Print System
o and general hardware
• Excellent knowledge of all cabling, Fibre standards, cisco equipment
• Responsible, as part of a team, for providing support to over 1000 PC users for a wide array of applications
• Experienced at working in regulated, 24x7 manufacturing or similar environment
• Will be required to provide out of hours support on a Rota basis to the Plant for critical areas - Minimizing Downtime
• Responsibility for large Infrastructure enterprise projects
• Support of O365 user setup
• Responsibility for Wi-Fi – configuration & coverage
• Installation and Support of Software Applications
• Liaise with vendors on technical projects, installations and error resolution
• Configuration of Remote Access Systems and Support to Over 100 Remote Users
• Configuration and management of mobile devices – phones, tablets etc.
• Web security and proxy server experience
• Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, storage or backup professional certification
• Relevant 3rd Level IT qualifications
• Minimum 5 years experience in similar role
Very competitive salary and benefits package available