itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our Dublin based client in the hiring of Application and Software Support Engineer. This is a global company which created an Innovation and Technology hub in Ireland (Sandyford).
This is a leading opportunity to join a company at the early stages of their development here in Dublin while also working within a multinational. You will be collaborating on the design, development and ongoing support of major applications, software and frameworks and you will have the chance to make a real impact on how the company manages its support processes going forward
We are looking for an innovative, ambitious dynamic, pragmatic and solutions oriented Support Engineer to join this exciting operation.
You work would be related to resolve issues in both development, test and production on leading edge applications and software. Along with the support team (onshore and offshore) you will have ownership of documentation, runbooks, problem trackers and knowledge databases.
This role requires a strong problem solving skills, troubleshooting acumen and resourcefulness. You will have the opportunity to bring new ideas and technologies to the business and really see the impact of your work and knowledge.
* Resolving Production problems
* Providing primarily 2ndand 3rd level support of applications, software and frameworks
* Working with Development teams to successfully triage issues.
* Ownership, build and maintenance of support documentation and runbooks
* Managing and providing continual input into SLA's and support processes.
* Working with the wider Development, Architecture and DevOps teams in the design of data, applications and software solutions and maintaining relevant documentation.
* Providing Operation support on Follow-the-Sun model where necessary.
* Continuous Improvement of SLAs and Support processes.
* Providing Subject Matter Expertise on new technologies and processes.
* Application and Software support experience in Windows, Linux and Database environments.
* Understanding of web servers, app servers, databases, web architecture
* Good understanding of cloud based architecture and deployment e.g. AWS
* Knowledge of Continuous Integration principles and tools
* General office administration tools (AD, Exchange, Voip systems, Networking)
* Has a flair for technology and enjoys problem solving and rising to challenges
* Enjoys working with teams and liaising with multiple stakeholders
* Can provide technical leadership to team mates
* Demonstrates great determination in resolving complex issues and closing out projects
* Is comfortable at handling major incidents and providing leadership and input into resolution