PI System Engineer - Waterford
The PI Engineer has in-depth experience with the OSIsoft PI System, Control Systems and Process Analysis. The Engineer has an extensive background in Software Engineering with experience in systems analysis and software development within industry. The Engineer should be highly motivated, an innovative thinker, with excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
Qualification Requirements of the Engineer:
• · Applicant should be a self-starter and have a degree in Software, Computer Science or an equivalent discipline. A minimum of two years’ experience in a dedicated software development environment is a pre-requisite. A background in manufacturing and experience working in the pharmaceutical, food and beverage or energy sectors would be an advantage, but is not a requirement. Engineering graduate or several years’ experience with OSI PI software system implementation and maintenance.
Desirable Technical Skills of the Engineer:
• · Solid understanding of Windows OS, Networking, and system security fundamentals
• · Experience implementing analytic solutions with OSI-PI Asset Framework, PI ACE, and Performance Equations
• · Experience installing and tailoring OSI-PI client software including OSIsoft Process Book, DataLink, RtReports and PI WebParts. Knowledge of PI Server and OSI-PI Interfaces highly desirable
• · Experience working with SCADA, PLC, OPC, Continuous/Batch Historians and DCS-based control systems, building management systems, and/or energy management systems
• · Pharmaceutical/Life Science industry experience an advantage, working in a GMP compliant environment, supporting documentation requirements for software systems such as Design Specifications, Installation and Operational Qualification (IOQ) drafting and execution
• · Extensive Knowledge of configuring and Administering Databases (SQL/Oracle)
• · Software development experience in VBA & VB.NET using disciplined coding and testing regiments
• · Experience installing and configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.