Applications Developer / Support Developer - VB.NET, VB, SQL
Located in the Dublin HQ of this Financial services organisation that provides services to investment banking organisations & high net worth clients worldwide, you will be working in a small team, in a mixed role developing new functionality in VB.NET to new applications and both enhancing & maintaining some legacy applications in VB (Visual Basic) and SQL server.
This role will not suit a pure Developer who wants to work with all the latest technologies only. However, it does carry responsibility & will suit a good & experienced developer/support developer who is capable of managing their own workload and is likely to lead into a Technical Lead role.
While new development in VB.NET will be part of your role, the role is split 50:50 into Development: Code Support across all applications used within the organisation globally. Some of these applications are developed in-house and some are 3rd party applications, so excellent communication skills are essential for this role (in addition to the technical skills outlined) as you will be liaising with the development team of external software application providers to resolve issues with their products.
Essentially, we are looking for a good applications developer/software support developer with VB.NET, VB6 and SQL skills.
Some of the projects you will work on include:
* Building new BI & Reporting solutions in VB.NET & SQL server 2012
* Re-designing & re-developing a financial compliance system in VB.NET & SQL server 2012
* Integrating & supporting MS Dynamics & other 3rd party applications
* Providing code maintenance and enhancement in VB & SQL 2008 on some legacy applications
* Working through backlog of code support on a number of applications via Jira
To be considered suitable, you must have:
Degree qualification is essential +
* Strong development skills in VB.NET, Visual Basic and SQL
* Commercial experience (ideally 4+ years) in developing & maintaining enterprise software applications
* Strong communication skills & ability to deal with various stakeholders globally
* Proven ability to write quality code
* Ability to work within a global, highly process-driven, structured environment
* Solid work history as it is a permanent role with career progression opportunities
Previous experience of working in a highly regulated, process driven industry would be highly advantageous.
Salary = €45-65K + good benefits
Please note that you MUST have EU/EEA citizenship or hold a current valid work visa for Ireland. No sponsorship.
Key terms: Visual Basic, VB, VB.NET, Visual Basic.NET, VB6, SQL server, SQL, Senior Developer, Support Developer, Senior Software Engineer, Applications Developer, Applications Support Engineer, Software support Engineer, Software engineer, software developer, .NET developer, VB Developer, SQL, Microsoft Developer.
IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.