My client is a rapidly growing global leader based in South Dublin. They are seeking to fulfil a Systems Engineer position on a permanent basis. The role is accompanied by an excellent level of salary and an exceptional benefits package.
The essential experience of the candidate:
• 2+ years’ experience as a Systems Engineer in a Windows Environment
• Excellent levels of troubleshooting proficiency across the entire networking stack
• Holding any of the following current Microsoft MCSE/MCITP, Cisco CCNA/CCNP certifications
• High levels of enthusiasm and innovative tendencies when attempting to solve problems
• Past experience of implementing operational automation would be extremely advantageous
The Systems Engineer would be joining the Development Operations team, with the scope of their responsibilities being as follows:
• First-rate working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012
• Setup Hyper-V Failover clustering and deployment of virtual machines across the environment.
• Creating and implementing standard image templates in Windows and enforcing system standards.
• Monitoring performance, troubleshoot systems problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with System Engineers & Architects on optimisation.
• Setup systems and application monitoring / reporting using Ops Manager, Solarwinds and AppDynamics.
• Automation of day to day tasks using Windows Powershell.
• Deployment of operating system and hardware based updates using SCCM, WSUS and Dell Openmanage Essentials.
• Management and maintenance of Commvault backup infrastructure.
• Operation, administration and automation of cloud platforms including: Azure and AWS.
• Provide on call support for the Development Operations team in an outage situation.
• Work within the team ensuring projects and objectives are delivered to aggressive timelines.
You must have an EU Passport or Stamp 4 visa to be eligible for this position.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate forward me your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org in the strictest confidence and a time you would like me to give you a call.