ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Be a ‘hands-on’ technical lead contributing to the software development effort (specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components ), as well as technically lead a team of software engineers
• Apply your software engineering prowess to development of complex electro/mechanical instruments.
• Innovate at all levels of our products, from instrument control, management and performance to new instrument applications, all in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
• Architect/design system software components for medical instrumentation platforms
• Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks, and develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
• Adhere to all BD Life Sciences development policies and software quality procedures
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field with a minimum of 8 years of experience in software development,
• A strong understanding of software design and systems & architecture concepts and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
• Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
• Experience with and proficiency in:
• Multi-threaded C#/.NET development
• Windows Embedded development including Multi-threaded development
• Experience with serial protocols (rs232, rs485, rs422) and TCP/IP and socket development and knowledge of Windows networking fundamentals (IP protocol, switches, routers)
• Additionally, experience with the following is an advantage
• Developing with relational databases, SQL server preferred
• Experience with electro/opto-mechanical instrumentation development
• Experience with Entity Framework and LINQ
• Experience with C++/C
• Experience with VxWorks operating System
• Direct experience leading software teams and projects
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug complex software systems
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
• Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
For more information please contact Tanya Cooke at 091 706706 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org