Applications engineer- Cork- 12Month FTC.
Applications engineer position now open with a leading global development company.
As a Application engineer you will be responsible for the sourcing, preparation, integration and validation of specifications to my clients global customer base.
Responsibilities included in this role:
• Source, distil and transform certain specifications for the latest releases and models in a worldwide market through contacts and source formats.
• Enter specification date into a central database in accordance to strict documented guidelines.
• Keep up to date with the latest technologies that are relevant to my clients market place.
• Review existing manuals, descriptions and graphics.
• Create and run test cases to ensure correct functionality and data integrity.
• Automate test cases using tools such as MTM, Ranorex or equivalent.
• Manipulate data for reporting form and importing into an SQL database.
• Track progress, schedule , issues and customer care metrics on an ongoing basis via established computerized tools and applications.
• Escalate necessary issues to the team manager.
• Document features, coverage, tests passed and failed.
• Work alongside team members to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Degree in engineering/computer science
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office and Windows XP and Win7).
• Experience in working with databases (Access, SQL, Oracle).
• Experience authoring light HTML content would complement the skill set.
• Keen eye for detail and accuracy – driven to deliver uncompromising quality.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
• Track record in meeting zero-tolerance schedules.
• Strong team player at office, regional and customer level.
• Report writing skills essential – (customer newsletter for example).
• Ability to converse / communicate in a mainstream non-English European Language is advantageous (from among the following - German, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese).
Apply for this role today via the link or contact Sarah Jane on 01 5367390/ SarahJane(a)solasconsulting.ie