The Rational Group (“the Group”) is a global leader in online gaming and operates the largest and most popular poker brands in the world, including PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker. This role is in the Group’s Dublin service office, in the Dublin Mobile Group Development department.
Working in response to requests from the business teams and prioritizing tasks in accordance with the business team’s product backlog schedules, the ideal candidate will have proven experience in developing web services, a strong aptitude for problem solving, boundless creativity and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
- In line with clear requirements and requests from Group management, work with other developers, designers and product managers, as well as on their own, to develop high quality code and services.
- Be part of an agile team and participate in daily standup meetings.
- Remain current on industry standards and trends in mobile development across multiple platforms.
Skills and Capabilities
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Passion for development.
- Understanding of the production process and the ability to communicate effectively with other disciplines.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team, taking responsibility to organize and deliver work as part of the production schedule within set deadlines.
- Ability to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Degree in computer science, or equivalent
- Experience with server technologies
- Mobile Development (iOS Objective-C, Java, Android Studio)
- Experience working with teams across multiple locations
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Understanding of user interface interaction design
- Experience with project management and delivering complex projects successfully
- Familiarity with the online poker industry, casino and sports betting
- Passion for games is a huge plus
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion