My client is a large distributor of FMCG goods to the European market. They are currently seeking a senior Network engineer to be based either in Dublin or Berlin.
The Senior Network Engineer will implement, manage and support network infrastructure across all European entities. Providing expertise in Cisco networking technologies, wireless
Infrastructures and security, working with the company’s global network teams to provide a Global
The successful candidate will work as part of a virtual and dispersed European network team which is comprised of two Senior Network engineers.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• To become the focal point for knowledge relating to technologies and products covered within the network infrastructure.
• To deliver network implementations in line with networking standards.
• To support European network implementations and business units. Providing incident resolution and technical change expertise to live implementations and projects.
• A crucial part of your role will be to mentor Junior Network Engineers, to ensure their continued career development, provide an ongoing challenge in technical and non-technical areas.
• To liaise with team members to discuss project and technology requirements. This will include providing, where necessary, escalation support of technical problems on behalf of team personnel where directly or indirectly related to the technology area covered by the network infrastructure.
• To travel to other sites across Europe, attending team and project meetings. On-site assistance in technology related projects.
• To work to change control procedures.
• Ideally, the person will have 4+ years commercial experience working directly in a multi-national environment.
• Third level IT qualification or Network experience relevant to this position
• Some level of German is an essential requirement for this role
• The candidate must have a full understanding of ITIL standards and processes in a working environment.
• Comprehensive understanding of major data networking technologies and concepts.
• Experience of Data Centre communications technologies, firewalls and load balancing
• CCNA Routing and Switching
• CCNA Wireless
• Full clean driving license
• Ability to work on own initiative
If you are interested in the Senior Network engineer role, please click on apply now or contact Ian Donnelly on 016621000