Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Managing and administering all Voice and Data Networks, and all of its components.
- Performance of the network; its security; updates and maintenance; recovery; ongoing enhancement and
improvement and inventory.
- Management and configuration of all switches, routers, proxy servers, firewalls, interfaces, load balancers, etc.
- Communications WAN (Wide Area Network) infrastructure.
- Centralised anti-virus management and control.
- Telephony network integration infrastructure, including Voice over IP.
- Secure and supported remote access services – VPN, web access to email, extranet solutions, etc.
- 3rd party support agreements are in place where relevant.
- Network security elements including: Anti Virus, Intrusion Prevention, Intrusion Detection, Vulnerability checks,
Network scanning, VPN Laptop and encryption solution, Email monitoring.
- Maintain an up to-date documentation set for all network and security related policies, processes, configurations
- Responsible for provision and availability of the Internet Service and Web Filtering.
- Ensure Security standards persist across all network design.
- Review and maintain PCI DSS Compliance.
- Responsible for Disaster Recovery Fail Over and associated networks in the DR site.
Cisco Certified to CCNA and up to date, and requirement to obtain further Cisco certifications.
Previous experience in Network Systems Administration in a windows active directory virtual environment.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills including excellent written and spoken English.
Previous experience writing and maintaining network and security documentation sets.
Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
Excellent time management with professional “can do” attitude.
Ability to remain calm and perform under pressure.
Flexibility and Trustworthy.
Excellent attention to detail.
Third level computing qualification.
Cisco CCNP qualified and up to date.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) qualification(s) or equivalent.
Previous experience managing SAN with VMWare datastores, vm’s, hosts, etc.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Donie Shine - email@example.com or call 0906478104.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!