itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client in the hiring of System Administrator. This is a permanent position in Co. Longford.
The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
The successful candidate will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to best practise, enabling staff, customers and business operations to continue uninterrupted
1 Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. Install and configure business systems and applications.
2 Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
3 Upgrade, configure and maintain system software and business applications as per upgrade schedule.
4 Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
5 Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
6 Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up. Continually review backup protocols to ensure they meet business demands. Maintain, test and update disaster recovery plans and procedures.
7 Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
8 Assist with external and internal auditors during IT Audit.
9 Change control and management
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Server and Workstation Operating Systems (Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/10) with strong knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange and SQL server.
* Strong networking and TCP/IP skills
* Knowledge of technologies supporting Virtualisation (Hyper V), Symantec AV, Enterprise Backup (Veeam) and Storage Area Networks (Dell PowerEdge and Dell EqualLogic)
* Telephony - Cisco Video conferencing, Elastix VOIP
* Powershell scripting
* Excellent communication, documentation and organisational skills
* Understanding of ITIL and PRINCE2 methodologies.
For further information please feel free to contact us or apply here. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence. itContracting is Ireland's key provider of IT Contract and Permanent Professionals. Please be advised you will receive a semi-automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.