Job Title: Finance Data Analyst
Vacancy: Finance Data Analyst - Finance, Regulatory & Management Accounting
Key Accountabilities across the roles include:
· Support the implementation with significant strengthening of our information generation, flow, reconciliation and distributions, ensuring all information needs, both regulatory and business are adhered to.
· Support the delivery of a single, consistent, accurate and reconciled source of data for MI, Analytics and Reporting.
· Assist in the analysis of business requirements to assess the data impacts and define reporting requirements in conjunction with other Business stakeholders.
· Look for solutions to prevent data quality issues arising, such as changes to Business Processes, IT change etc.
· Be recognised externally for excellence in data and analytics.
· Develop and test proof of concepts relating to data/report mapping.
· Stand over the quality of own work and assists colleagues in identifying quality issues.
· Professionally document work requests, outputs and conclusions, appropriately tailored to the specific stakeholder demands of each engagement in accordance with the SDLC process
· Participate in projects and initiatives so as to optimise processes thereby delivering efficiencies within own team and FSSC. Analyse and exploit the Enterprise Data Warehouse to achieve reporting efficiencies
· Participate in business projects and change initiatives, proposing workable business solutions where relevant, to ensure FSSC requirements are met.
Competencies Associated with the Role:
1. Problem Solving and Decision Making
2. Results Focus
3. Customer Relationship Management
5. Technical: Candidates need to demonstrate competency in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Experience in analysing business processes & requirements.
- Must have proven ability in working to tight deadlines, with previous experience in the delivery of data solutions to meet business requirements.
- Must have proficient use of SQL.
- Must have strong knowledge of SDLC and Agile framework with a proven track record in leading the design and delivery of IT solutions
- The ideal candidate will have a third level degree in maths, computer science and data analytics or related field, with 3 years post qualification experience.
- Experience within Financial Services industry and/or relevant working experience.
- Previous experience in completing deep dive analytics into financial data with SQL ideally.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.