Our client, a leading Insurance Broker located in the city centre, currently has a job opening for a Micro Strategy developer with an interest in Big Data Technologies. To be the right Micro Strategy Developer for this position, you should have excellent database skill and have developed with a number of different Micro Strategy products.
This is a new team that is working on a new product that has recently had ownership form the US. Once the initial BI type work has been completed, focus will shift into the area of predictive analytics and Big Data, as such an academic background in this areas would be extremely beneficial.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to move into the Big Data Engineering or Data Science space.
You will be working within a large multi-national’s innovations centre and will have access to the latest technologies and experts in their field.
• Contribute to and help execute the data strategy roadmap for the company’s new product.
• Liaising with Global Analytics in order to ensure smooth transition of the product from the US to Dublin
• Understand the use cases of the product and develop functionality per the product roadmap
• Partner with business groups to gather, refine and document requirements for Business Intelligence Framework and Enterprise Data Warehouse
• Query, analyse and profile data from source to target to assess data integrity to adequately and accurately meet reporting analytics needs
• Creation and Management of data models and data warehouse in relation to the product.
• Design, develop, test and deploy Business Intelligence solutions on the Microstrategy platform
• Good experience on Microstrategy products suite including but not limited to MSTR Desktop, MSTR Intelligent Cube reports, MSTR Web, MSTR Documents, MSTR scheduling services and other MSTR related trouble shooting.
• Knowledge of End to End BI/DW Development and Operations Life Cycle in Microstrategy
• Technical knowledge of relational and dimensional databases, logical and physical database design concepts, database access and query language
• Good conceptual knowledge and working experience on meta data creation framework models Report Development Concepts in relation to Microstrategy
• Practical understanding of multidimensional modelling, data warehousing concepts and methodologies, star / snow flake schemas, and how the BI tool interacts with the underlying data structures
• Experience in extracting and manipulating data from relational databases with advanced SQL, stored procedures. Experience with ETL tools is beneficial
• Practice data governance principals by keeping consistent data dictionaries, sematic abstraction layers, metadata, business rule definitions and reporting catalogues
• Perform system administration, change management and production support tasks of the business intelligence infrastructure, data repositories and reporting content
• Experience as an analyst/developer delivering enterprise business intelligence dashboards and reporting solutions in Microstrategy
• Roll out the new product and manage content availability
• Ability to translate UI requirements into a workable database structure – in line with best practices
• Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated data analysis and data visualisation skills, effective knowledge-sharing skills and decision making abilities.
• Good understanding of MicroStrategy
• Strong skills in Teradata and related query languages
• Preferred Programming languages: R, Python,
• 2+ years related work experience in Data Modelling and visual story telling
• Ability to prototype and transform ideas into polished products quickly
• Ability to manage delivering to tight deadlines
• Ability to share best practices to help develop others
• Ability to explain issues to a non-technical audience
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right Microstrategy Developer for this job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000 or click on apply now.